Saturday, April 9, 2011

For Mrs A!

When we hit a certain age we learn that death is in fact a part of life.  Even though we hate the thoughts of death we all know it is inevitable. 

On Friday, April 8th, 2011 my best friend lost her mother to a lenghty illness.  But what most of you do not know is that Mary Kay and I have been friends for over 32 years. So the death of her mother has been devastating to me.  I have known Mrs. A (as I called her) most of my adult life.  I spent many Sunday's at their dinner table, went to birthday parties, visited over the Christmas Holidays.  Mrs A. never forgot my birthday as I never forgot hers or her husbands. 

As her health began to deteriorate over the last several years I still was not ready for her death.  Mrs. A had no quality of life over the last several years.  She was unable to walk due to bad hips but she still could hang with the best of us.

And now begins the grieving process. How long is it going to take me to get over Mrs. Allen's death? She was such a wonderful, funny person who always made me feel like part of the family and was very kind to me. I will miss this woman as I will miss my mom when she passes. 

So I advise you to always let the people close to you always know how much they mean to you!

For Jim, Rick, Susan and Mary Kay please accept my deepest sympathies over the loss of your mother. She will truly be missed and know that I loved her very much.  And Mrs. A I know you are no longer in pain and at peace. And I also know you will have Heaven whipped into shape in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment