Thursday, December 23, 2010

For Pia and Christine

Today was my last day of work until 01/18/11! My job is so stressful I had to ask for medical leave.   My doctor told me if I do not get my blood pressue down I am going to have a stroke this afternoon! She doubled my blood pressure medicine,  put me on an anti depressant and an anti anxiety drug!

One of my coworker's husband had a freak accident yesterday and she now has to decide when to take him off life support! How do you make that decision two days before Christmas?  My other co worker is having her first Christmas since her husband of three years died in April!

Another friend is having her first Christmas since her father passed away eight months ago!  Another friend had her husband of thirty years tell her he wanted a divorce yesterday!

We never know what each day is going to bring us! We never know where we will be when Christmas comes around! We will never know who will be missing from the dinner table Christmas Eve or Christmas Day!  We never know.

I thought my life was in the dumps even with my health issues but it does not compare to what my co workers and friends are going through this Christmas.

I have a lot to be thankful for and two people that I am very thankful for is my sister in law Pia and my niece Christine! Tonight they showed up at my back door with meatballs, soup, chocolate chip cookies and a minature Christmas tree for me.  She even bought lights, bulbs and a bow for the top and oh a beautiful gold mat to sit the tree on top.  It is sitting in my picture window. 

And for those of you that do not know me or Pia we did not start out as friends when she and my brother married.  It took us a very long time to get to that place we are now- more than sister in laws! It took us a very long time to tell each how other we love each other! And tonight as she was leaving I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tight and told her "I Love You". And then I turned to Christine, wrapped my arms around her and said: "I Love You". 

" I Love You" for  letting me forget about my stressful job, for letting me not worry about my blood pressure, for not letting me worry about my friends and co workers, for making me feel so loved!  Thank You!  You have made my day such a good day! 

1 comment:

  1. it's the little things in life that make the biggest impression.
    have a wonderful Christmas and don't forget to take care of yourself. be selfish and take a nap in the middle of the afternoon. light an aromatic candle and take a bubble bath. do things you would not normally do.
    there are people that care about you and want to see you around for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete