Friday, December 17, 2010

It's That Time of Year!

It is hard to beleive Christmas is just 8 days away! How fast 2010 went by! Did we all complete our new years 2009 resolutions? I know I have not. Why do we make them if we aren't going to complete them? Does anyone have an answer to that question?  Should I make new ones this new years eve? Do I plan on keeping them/completing them? What do I do?

I have decided to just take each day as it comes.  I am not going to make promises to myself if I am not going to keep them.  We don't know what the future holds so how can we make resolutions each new years eve?  I never dreamt that I would soon be approaching my 50th birthday and never married, never had children, have lost half of my family to family squabbles, have speant half of my life being a coulda, shoulda, woulda, person.  I swore I would never ever be one of those kind of people.

But as I look back over the last 49.5 years I have.  So I guess what I am saying to all you young people out there: take a chance, do things on the spur of the moment, be impulsive at times.  Don't let life pass you buy and one day wake up at the age of 50 and say to yourself, what the hell have I done with my life?

Live your life like it is your last day on earth.  Do something that when it is done someone says: "I never thought they would do that"!  Enjoy life and make the most of it !  Enjoy everyday of your life!

Oh Yeah: "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"

No comments:

Post a Comment