Saturday, December 25, 2010

Nick and Christine

My pride and joy are Nick and Christine! My 18 year old nephew and my 14 year old niece! My how fast they have grown.  I held Christine when she was 3 hours old and our first Christmas together she fell asleep on my chest as I lay on the couch watching "A Christmas Story".

Now their both to big to lay on my chest, their both to big for me to cradle in my arms, their to big for me to rock to sleep.

But they will never be to big for me to hold in my arms and tell them how much I love them and how much they mean to me.

I never married and do not beleive in having children out of wedlock so they are the children I never had! I have attended football games, volley ball games and now basketball games.  No matter what they come first in my life.

They are the reason I live and breath! There have been times when I have been so depressed that I thought to myself I just want to lay down and go to sleep and never wake up! But then I stop and think I would miss out on Christine and Nick's lives! I don't ever want to do that

I know as a teenager family is not as important as our friends are but you reach an age and you realize that family is important.  Hopefully it is not to late when we realize this.  I was one of those teenagers and I am sure a lot of us have been one of those teenagers.  And I know that I am not the most important thing in their lives right now but no matter what I will always love them and I will always be there for them 24/7 no matter what.  They are young and experiencing life as a teenager and in  these times it is hard to be a teenager. More so than when I was a teenager in the 70's!

But no matter what I am their Aunt and I will always love them and they will always make my life better because they will always be a part of my life and they will always be connected to me.

Oh yeah, Nick congratulations on making straight A's your first semester at WVU and Christine congratulations on making the Weir Middle School basketball team.  You know I will be at the games shouting: "Go Christine, Go"!  I love you the two of you with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment