Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Most Wonderfual Day of the Year

So I woke up in a so/so mood today but I knew my day was going to get better because I was having dinner and a movie with the girls!  I have several groups of friends that I run around with and each group is a great group of women but each group is different.  This group I call the football mom's because I got to know them thru the football boosters when my nephew was playing football in middle school and high school.  Their boys went off to college this fall and well I have no children! Each year for Christmas we get together to dinner and catch up with everyone.  Instead of a movie we decided to do some Christmas shopping! We had the most wonderful time shopping.  Laughing at Barb because when we came out of the mall there she stands with her buggy from Walmart filled to the top! She looked like the bag lady with  her buggy full of bags!  We laughed at Linda because she had never been to Ollie's- the biggest discount store next to Big Lots!  She was totally amazed that they had made shelves out of plywood and block's!

Laughing at myself after I almost slammed Tracine's foot in the car door! Laughing at Tracine because the cash register at K-Mart broke down just as she was checking out and there were ten people behind her! 

Listening to Ruth and Pia talk about their sons and their love lives! Oh to be young and in love! 

After shopping we all ride back to Linda's house that smells of fresh baked goods.  Her wonderful husband made us a dessert! 

Oh what a wonderful day I had with these women.  Women who make me laugh, women who laugh with me when I laugh at myself over something stupid I have done.  Women who accept me for who I am and do not try and change me.  To these women I say thank you.  Thank you for letting me be me and thank you for being my friends.  I love each and everyone of you and from the bottom of my heart I want to say to you: "BW'S FOREVER"

No comments:

Post a Comment